In our years of travel and endless packing/unpacking, we have come up with a few helpful tips which will give you more room to fit even more in.
- Try placing shoes around the outside of the suitcase in single file, with the sole facing the edge.
- Fill shoe cavities with socks/electronics chargers,/belts whatever fits to save space.
- Pack heavier items towards the wheels and lighter items nearer to handle, it makes the bag much easier to roll.
- Roll soft garments like t-shirts, shorts, knitwear But remember, some clothing items don’t roll well – like stiffer or bulky fabrics these should be folded.
- If you want a neck pillowcase for the plane but don’t want to then carry it around for the rest of the trip buy a zippable or material replacement neck pillow case then put your soft clothing in it like a puffer jacket/soft clothing etc that way you are losing space in your suitcase and you get a neck pillowcase WIN WIN.
- Digital reading. Don’t buy paper books and magazines, instead, put it on a Kindle.
- Buy re-usable travel size bottles for kids and replace the full-size shampoo, conditioner, body wash and squeeze them into the travel-size containers.
I love using these, Packing cubes they keep a week’s worth of clothes organised efficiently to move easily from suitcase to hotel dresser
You might also like to read:
Hope this helps, please let me know how it goes!!!