Toddlers require that little bit more stimulation on longer journeys than babies, but one benefit from babies is that there are no more sore arms holding baby for most the trip. So my top picks toddlers on a plane, train or car are….
1. iPad – Yes, my apologies, but this is the top of the list, there are so many great learning apps for the kids these days, the iPad is a versatile tool and one that keeps the kids stimulated for hours. Also if you haven’t invested in an iPad cover you need to before the sticky fingers do.
If you don’t want everyone around you to hear the games the children are playing, purchase these headbands which have headphones in them which are limited to 90 dB to protect little ears, or if they are old enough then wireless headphones.
2. A colour/sticker book and colouring pencils. My kids love colouring in, so don’t forget those crayons and colouring books.
3. Toys like barbies ponies cars planes trains and cartoon character. You children have creative minds, let them play with their favourite toy characters on the journey.
4. Printable Puzzles for kids are great fun to play. The puzzles come in a whole range of themes and topics such as alphabet letters, shapes, vegetables, numbers, pets, transport and colours.
Benefits of puzzles for kids are:
1.Improves cognitive skills
2.Improves problem-solving skills
3.Fine motor development
4.Hand and eye coordination
5.Development of social skills
5. Mini board games and card games. Simple jigsaw games can be great for kids to keep them stimulated. Try not to buy a 2000 piece jigsaw, a simple 10-50 piece will suffice.
One last tip is to put these items into an easy to open drawstring bag which they can go in and out of easily during your journey.
Other blogs you might find helpful:
Let me know how your trip went?